Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What Happens When There Is No Television?

Oh Lord! The tv is out. Why of course any well prepared mother has a slew of activities in mind to challenge and educate her offspring right? Yeah, well not in this house. I don't know, there are lots of toys and things to color on (walls for example) but something happens when there is NO television. We all get a little desperate. I am desperate! A self proclaimed couch potato, I need my fix too! It's not that I even watch it that much but I need the familiar hum, the background noise, and yes - I need Spongebob too! So I foolishly thought, "Well, the internet works, maybe there is something on it for them." And low and behold! Spongebob Squarepants on NickJr.com. Hallelujah! Except, fool that I am, left them alone with the mouse and the keyboard, because GOD FORBID they could just sit and watch the silly thing like it was a tv. That is another Mom Fail to add to the list. But, note to self: when the computer is telling you it needs to run a system recovery, don't start frantically hitting the ESC button or repeatedly pressing Enter in an attempt to stop said process. Better to just leave the room and let the computer do it's thing - after all, we both know it is smarter than you.

No comments:

Post a Comment