Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's The Very Least I Could Do

 I am living in the constant cycle of barely keeping up. I love to tackle new projects, like this blog for instance, so that I can feel like I've accomplished something today. Although in reality I have 4 or 5 blog posts that I've started but not finished....

I wonder if I could ever allow a housekeeper into my life even if I could ever afford it? I would have to clean the house first before I could let someone in to "clean my house". That sounds like the voice of insanity but I think you would agree that if you are a less than stellar homemaker, you don't want to advertise it, even to someone you pay to cover up your shortcomings.

 I have piles of laundry, a lot of which I'm not sure where it came from. No one seems to wear any of these clothes but since they have taken up residence on the basement floor, I don't have the guts to disrupt them. I'm a little afraid there is a laundry monster living in among the heaps.

 I also have a dishwasher. It doesn't work. I spend an awful lot of time washing dishes by hand. We are an eating-in-front-of-the-TV kind of family so I've found utensils and dishes in every room where there is a TV. Unfortunately we don't have a TV in the kitchen where I wash things so I spend an awful lot of time tracking down dirty dishes before they can be cleaned.

I have one crappy vacuum cleaner for a 2-story home.  It is never where I need it to be when I want to vacuum. Some days I think there might be more dirt and crumbs than carpet. I have fantasy's about getting a Dyson and a Shark Steam Mop for each level of house.

I don't even consider dusting. Please.

Oh and in case you were thinking, "God, lady! Get off of the computer and go clean something already!" Did  I forget to mention that we also have a third child? A 6 month old restaurant that we are trying to raise. When I am not there cooking and cleaning, I am at home doing it. Toss in two hyper little girls and well, you can imagine why I would feel like I'm vindicated if my house is a pit. Just please know if you pop over unexpectedly, I will turn off the lights and drop to the floor while hiding behind the front door and pretend no one is at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment